Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Card for Mom

Gee...I'm sorry that it has been so long between posts, thing get busy during the summer around here, I bet it does for all of you too! :)

Here is a birthday card that I made last year for my mom. She told us that she doesn't want us saving her flowers for her funeral, but she would rather have them while she can still enjoy them. So each year, I try to give her a card with some kind of flower on the front and I also give her flowers to plant for Mother's day too.
I got this stamp at Archiver's and used my Prismacolor pencils and mineral spirits to color it with. I also used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and lightly inked the background so that the embossed flowers would stand out alittle bit more. Nothing really fancy but I think it turned out well too!
The weather here is really nice this week, low humidity for a change, but we are to have a possibility of some rain on the 4th of July.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

This is so cute! What a sweet idea for your Mommy! I bet she loves your cards!