Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Birthday Blooms

One day awhile back, a card like the one I'm showing you today, came into my e-mail in box.  It was created by Connie Collins, who make so many beautiful cards!  So I saved it to try and CASE it for myself.  While hers is much better, mine turned out pretty well too!


This one took awhile to color in, but you all know how I love to color!  I used a aqua painter filled with alcohol and  then some Rose Red reinker in the stamp pad lid to color my flower in with.  The leaves are done with the retired Mossy Meadow reinker and the blue strips are Marina Mist.  The sentiment is from a retired stamp set, which I can't seem to remember the name of right now, sorry, but any one will work.  I did lightly sponge it with Marina Mist.  The sentiment was popped up with dimensional.

I used the Lots of Labels framelits for the sentiment.  The white Baker's Twine I used is actually the new Thick Baker's Twine, but I felted it was to bulky and I separated into three pieces, much less bulk and I like how it looks too.

Card stock used was Thick Whisper White for the card base, Basic Black and Whisper White. 

Have a great week and I'll see you on Wednesday.  Mary 

No comments: