Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Welcome Neighbors, SSC209

Oh, Hi everyone! Sorry to be missing for a whole week. Just been goofing off and not doing much of anything.


Today I'm sharing a card that I made to welcome some new neighbors that have moved in two houses up from us! Hope they are nice and friendly! I used a sketch layout that I found over at Stamping411, it sure makes it alot easier to make a card much faster when you have a layout to follow. Now I found that the measurements for layer 3 had to be tweak just a bit, so make sure you lay out your layers first to make sure you have some space in between them.

Card Recipe:
Stamp set- Good Neighbor (SAB-retired)
card stock- So Saffron, Mellow Moss (retired) and Welcome Neighbor dsp (SAB-retired)
Ink- Old Olive and Crumb Cake
Markers- Real Red and Early Espresso (used black to write in "Welcome")
punches- scallop and 1 3/4" circle

Thanks for dropping in to see my creation today, hope you have a crafty one..............Mary

8 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

That's great! Love that layout too. Your new neighbors must have been really impressed!

Connie said...

Very fun...great card for a new neighbor! Thanks for playing!

Selene Kempton said...

So very cool! What a great card to make for a new neighbor. :D Thanks for playing along with stamping411 this week.

Patti Chesky said...

What a great way to make them feel welcome! Love it!

Tiffany Bauer said...

What a great CAS card!!!

Chanda Stehlik said...

How cute!!! I really like the layout! How sweet of you to welcome them that way!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Love it and so will your neighbor!

Beth Norman said...

Hi Mary,

What a cute card. I'm sure your new neighbours were thrilled to receive this.

Thank you so very much for directing me to the tiki hut and tutorial. That is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I was hoping to do something other than a card. Because I can draw my own images, I won't have to seek stamps for the hut.

Thanks again.