Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Invitations 2012

 Well today, as promised, I'm going to share with you the invitations that I made for my daughter.  She really, really liked them too!  Now I was inspired to make the front like I did after seeing this card HERE.  I really like Lee's card but didn't have any of the colors of card stock that she used, so that is when I made the packing paper leaves.  My daughter really liked the Champagne glimmer paper for the acorn top and as you can see, I didn't put a button on either, didn't have any and I also wanted it to be mailed with one stamp to help her save some money.  I used the Itty Bitty Label dies and part of a Itty Bitty Banners stamp but had to use part of another stamp for the sentiment, which is non-SU.  I embossed the front panel with the new Woodgrain embossing folder and used Very Vanilla card stock.  Oh and some linen thread too.
On the inside, I used a non-SU invitation stamp.  The pumpkins and leaf are from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Autumn Leaves.  I used markers, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Old Olive and Always Artichoke to color them in with.  I like how the marker left lines in the pumpkins, it gives the pumpkins some dimension!  Then I took some Early Espresso on a sponge and sponged the edges of the front and inside.  The images on the inside where stamped with StaZ-on ink.  You can find the directions HERE on how to make the leaves.

Well that is it for today, I had so much fun in the craft room making these and where really very easy to assemble once I had all the leaves and acorns made.  Thank you for stopping by, have a crafty day, Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Cuuuute! You're such a nice mommy!

What?! Non-SU stamps?!? Hope the stampin police don't get you! ;)