Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

SSC #198 Of the Earth

Today I thought I would play along with Stamping411 and their sketch challenge. This is the first one I've ever done, while the sketch was very easy, making my card was not! Today was not the day to make any cards, it seems everything was going wrong, and my card is just not one of my favorites but it's not too bad. If you would like to do the challenge, you can find it HERE Here is my card. You have to use all Stampin' Up products, well, I wanted to put a little safety pin in the ribbon, but of course, I don't have any. I think that is why the card is not speaking to me, I should have put a bow on it and I think it would look much better, oh well, just one of those days. I'm short on sleep today, hubby has a cold and boy was he ever loud last night, all he did was snore! Hopefully I will get some sleep tonight!

Here is what I used:


Stamp set- Of the Earth; Very Vintage wheel; champagne glimmer mist; card stock-Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla; ink-Early Espresso; scallop border punch; to set marker color on brad-clear embossing powder; marker-Early Espresso to color brad with.


There you have it, hope your week-end is going well, it is sunny and 85 degrees and windy too but hey it sure beats the snow and cold that just left! Have a crafty week-end.............Mary

10 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Wonderful card Mary! Thanks for playing along this week.

Selene Kempton said...

So very beautiful! I love the ribbon treatment

Mitra said...

I think you did a great job with your card - I especially like your ribbon with the brad in the middle - great idea!

Chanda said...

I think it turned out pretty, too. But I know what you mean when you create a card and it's just not speaking to you. It can be frustrating. I really do like your card though. You know that package I sent you? I didn't include a mini safety pin for the vintage trinket because I figured you had some, and the fact that I was short one for club. Sorry about that!

Chanda said...

OMGosh! How did I miss the beautiful new addition to your family. Abby Rose!? She's so pretty! When did you get her? She's so cuuuuuute!

Unknown said...

Beautiful!!! I love that ribbon treatment too!!

Mary said...

We got Abby from Wayside Waifs, a local no-kill shelter here in town, we've had her for one week already and she is a puppy mill suvivor (breeding female). She is just a love bug and always so happy. Oh, she is a Cocker Spaniel.

Patti Chesky said...

I think it's beautiful...even without the safety pin.

Connie babbert said...

So pretty! Great colors and ribbon!

gbarron56 said...

I love your ribbon treatment -- very nice! Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen