Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day Punch Art

Hi too all of you.  Did you have fun celebrating Father's Day with your favorite Dad?  I was by myself yesterday, hubby had to work, so the fur kids and I where here by ourselves.

I wanted to share with you the card that I mailed to my Dad.  I found this idea HERE.  I wanted something fun for his card, so I picked this one.  See the table cloth on the table?  I made that with the new wheel called Gingham and the Scalloped Edge punch.  The legs were punched out with the Word Window punch as was the "plate" the hot dogs are sitting on.  It is also used for the grill legs.  I used the Owl Builder punch for the small wheel and the 1/2 inch circle punch for the other wheel.  A 1 3/4" circle punch for the grill (Real Red).  Before I cut that circle in half I dab on some Versamark and Clear Embossing powder, heat set it so it would look like a brand new grill.  I used the mini silver brads for the hinge and wheel.  I did use the retired Slot punch for the grill handles and the hot dogs.  For the background I used the Cloud embossing folder in Sky Blue and Pistachio Pudding for the grass, which I hand snipped.  Oh, the flames are the wing from the Bird Builder punch, using So Saffron card stock and sponge with some More Mustard ink.  The sentiment is Teeny Tiny Wishes.

I sure hope this card brings a smile to my Dad's face, he use to grill all the time, but not so much anymore.  Have a great day!     Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Awwww, that's so cute! Love the lil hot dogs!