Pages

Friday, December 5, 2014

Gift Bow Santa

Whew, what a time I have had trying to get into my blog the last couple of days.  Oh my golly, I'm not super techy and have had many moments when I thought I would never get to post or share my creations with all of you, go glad to be able to get back.  If I disappear again, you know I'm having problems again.

This little Santa was quite the hit last year when Stampin' Up! came out with the Gift Bow die.  Yes, as you all know, I'm always late to the dance, but wanted to try my hand at making one for my daughter's Christmas gift this year.

Isn't he just the cutest thing!  You do need the Perfect Pennants die for the hat, which I don't have but thought I did, so I had to come up with my own hat triangle for Santa.  So I used one of the Pie boxes, as a template, that I got in the October Paper Pumpkin kit, day saved!  The hat trim is made using the BoHo Blossom punch as is the hat trim too.  I used the half-inch circle punch for the eyes and I think the 3/4 inch punch for the nose.  Santa's face is just a half circle.

Card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White, Basic Black and Blusing Bride
Die: Gift Bow
Silver Glimmer paper
Gel pen

We now that I've spent probably four days trying to get into my blog, I hope to get back to my Christmas cards!

Thanks for dropping in to visit with me and I enjoy any or all comments too!  Mary

No comments: