Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day!!

Did any of you, as a child, make May Day baskets?? When I was a child, we made ours out of folded paper napkins and with the help of a turned over water glass, we worked our magic to make little baskets that would hold some candy. Than with great excitement we would go through out the neighborhood, ringing doorbells and either hide in the bushes or run like heck before they answered the door! It still brings a smile to my face to this day to remember how much fun we had and to see the happy smiles on our friends and neighbors faces as they realized that they had a little gift from a secret friend! Do people still do this type of thing anymore?

For my hanging basket, I used Stampin' Up! petal cone die, Whisper White card stock (sponged lightly with Pretty In Pink ink) and the small bits of green are from using the Two-Step Bird punch.

Pink card stock, brad, daisy die, ribbon where from other sources

Why not surprise someone today with a small token of friendship and see how happy it makes them! I hope you all have a day of surprises and a crafty one too....................Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Mary, this is so pretty! I havent given or rec'd one of these in years. Yours is so pretty.

Bev Gomez said...

Thanks Mary for your comments on my blog. I love your blog and your projects are great! Hugs, Bev