Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hello Doily Retro Card

Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a great day today, I know I am.

Well as you noticed on the post title, I called this a retro card. You are probably wondering why. As a small girl growing up in a small town in Iowa (1950's), I saw many of these types of doilies in my Grandmother's house. She would daily pick up her crochet hook and do some kind of creating with it. I remember seeing at least one doily crochet with turquoise thread. Boy, some of the doilies that she use to make were really works of art. Oh and of course you had to always starch them to make them lay just so or even stand up with some of the patterns. Oh and not all doilies where white or ecru, they would use other colors too!

When I saw this stamp set in the catalog, I immediately thought of my mom and grandma, so I had to get it. My mom is going thru some health issues with her one eye and so I made this to send to her to let her know that I have her in my prayers. I sure wish I could share this with my grandma! I used all Stampin' Up! products.

Card recipe is:
Card stock: Black, Whisper White and Tempting Turquoise
Stamp: Hello Doily!
Ink: Tempting Turquoise and Black

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my simple creation! Thank you so much for dropping in and visiting with me for awhile, I LOVE company, lol! Have a crafty day......................Mary


3 comments:

kay said...

Hi, Mary! I thought this stamp would only look good in White Kraft ink. You totally changed my perspective on this stamp. Now I have to get it. Thanks for opening my mind to it. Thanks for leaving a sweet comment in my blog too!

Margaret said...

What a great card. I'm wondering if it would be effective to cut around that doily to use as a background.

Wanda said...

Don't you just LOVE that doily stamp? The color you used is SO pretty too!