Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quilted Thinking of You Card

Hello to all of my card making friends! Hope you are all doing well and your week too! Yesterday it got to 108 degrees here, now that is just WAY to HOT! I can't wait for fall now, my poor flowers and yard are just totally gone.


Today I want to show you my first attempt on making a inlaid embossed quit pattern. It's ok, I think I should have made the rings a solid color instead of using designer paper or used solid card stock for the pieces in the circles. I'm going to experiment with this some more to see if I can improve on the looks of this. I found some samples of this type of card on Mary Fish's blog HERE . Oh my are they ever so pretty! Click on the picture to get a better view.

I used mainly Stampin' Up! products.
Card stock: Regal Rose, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
Ink: Black
Lattice die
Stamp set: On the Grow (sentiment)
pearls
Ribbon: Pretty In Pink
Designer paper- non SU
Tombow glue (green and white container)

Well that is my share for today, I'm glad you stopped by to visit with me, stay cool! Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Oooooooh, I love this! I love the colors you've chosen! I (finally) just got this die. I'm gonna have to play with it!