Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wedding Invitation Re-make

Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a great day today. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words of sympathy, they really help me through this hard time with losing our Molly. Some days are great and others not so great but we are starting our healing process.

Today I would like to share a card that I made from a wedding invitation that we receive about a month ago. I know I should have taken a picture of the actual invite, but just plain forgot to. The circle with the "S" on it was part of the invitation, I used my 1 3/4" circle punch to punch it out. The two side pieces under the "S" was a long strip that was used as a belly-band to hold the invitation shut. I took that piece and put it through the lace ribbon border punch. Than I was at a stand still for a couple of weeks. I finally got around to making the card just last week. I cut out a piece of Whisper White card stock to adhere to my card front, but before I did, I used my bone folder and paper cutter to score some accent lines around the piece of card stock. If you click on the picture, you will be able to see it much better. I adhered the two small pieces of lace ribbon border on the card, than popped up the "S" with some dimensional. For the finishing touch, I added two pearls to either side. Stamped my sentiment on the lower right hand corner and was done. I love the clean, simple and elegant look of this card! Oh, I also took some left over border pieces and adhered them to the inside of the card along with a sentiment. This is the card that we will be giving to the new couple next week-end, sure hope they like my re-make of their invitation!

Stamp set: Petite Pairs

I hope you enjoyed my simple card today and thanks for dropping by to see me! Mary

3 comments:

Chanda said...

What a great way to recycle a card! It's so pretty! Simple and elegant! You know what would be funny/cute/surprising? If you made that the wedding card for the couple, LOL! Boy, wouldn't they be surprised! Or, was that what you were planning anyhow and I look like the dweeb that I am? LOL! Have a happy day, Mary!

Curt in Indy said...

Love the simplicity of this card Mary. The embossing is a perfect touch. Again, I can't tell you how very sorry I am about Molly.

Jenny Gropp said...

Simply Elegant.