Pages

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Monstermaniacs

Today I'm going for a light hearted, fun card!  My daughter is having a rough time at work right now and I wanted to let her know that I'm thinking of her and behind her 100%.

At one time Stampin' Up! had a contest open where anyone could submit some of their drawings and they would let people vote for the winner, this was one of those sets.  I wasn't interested in it at first, but then there are times when I need images that I think I can use to make cards for kids.  I think this one will work!  I had a lot of fun playing with this set too.

I used some of the Sale-A-Bration items (which will end on March 31, 2014) to make this card, Sweet Sorbet DSP, Decorative Dots embossing folder.  Then I use some Stretch Ruffled Ribbon, in Crisp Cantaloupe, Just Sayin' stamp set and the matching Word Bubble Framelits, the On Film Framelits too. Card stock is Pistachio Pudding, Pool Party, Whisper White and Basic Black.  Ink is Black Staz-On.  I used my blender pen to color in the image with.

I've been in a funk with my stamping and this little set really helped to lift me out of it, I hope it brings a smile to your face too!  Mary

1 comment:

Curt in Indy said...

What a cute card and a funny/sweet monster image. Love the pastel colors as well which makes it very unique. Hope all is well with you and yours! Hugs, Curt