Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Canine Capers RAK card

Well we are starting off a new week and my other daughter had her birthday yesterday! Yes, both daughters are spring babies (see why I love spring so much!) My husbands birthday was on the 18th, so April is a busy birthday month for our family. Poor me, mine is in December! Hubby and I will be returning today on the train after a long week-end get away to Chicago. He has been wanting to take me there for a long time, so he decided this past week-end was a good time and off we went! Now onto the card. This card is going to a little six year old girl who is in the hospital with Cystic Fibrosis. The lady who posted the card request stated that the little girl loves purple (so does one of my daughters) and she likes dogs (my kind of girl!) So I went through my stamps sets and came upon this retired set called Canine Capers!! I think this one will fill the dog request and I had so much fun coloring in the dogs with markers and also using my blender pen on the little curly dog in front! This card just made me so happy and was so cute in real life, I hope she enjoys it and can feel the love that I sent with it! I also added some punched BoHo flowers with a few pearls added. The leaves are from the Blossom Petals Builder punch.






All products are Stampin Up!






Stamps: Friends Fur-ever (sentiment), Canie Capers (retired)



Card stock: Almost Amethyst, So Saffron, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery and Whisper White



Ink: Black Staz-On



Markers in various colors



blender pen



BoHo Blossom punch and Blossom Petals Builder punch



pearls






Hope your week is off to a great start! Mary






2 comments:

Chanda said...

Awwww, that is so cute! How sweet of you to send it to that little girl. I bet she'll love it!

Wow! Another birthday! That is a busy month!

I didn't know you took a train! I better not tell Tommy or he'll be jealous, lol! :)

Terri Orr said...

Love this card--seems perfect for the recipient!