Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

Awash with Flowers Thinking of You RAK

Hi everyone! Are we all well done by now, or do we need to be flipped over and cooked some more!? I sure hope it cools down sometime soon, alot of the yards around here are all brown and it is like walking on straw.

Today I used a stamp set that needs to have more use than what I've been giving it, it's really a easy stamp to use, it is what they call a two-step stamp. First you stamp the out line, than you stamp the inside. I've seen where some stamp the outline on designer paper, that is also another way to use it too.

This one is one I will send out as a RAK to a young women who will be going thru cancer surgery again and needs some cheering up. I hope my simple card will brighten her day some. I used Crumb Cake, Whisper White and Marina Mist card stock. For the ink I used Marina Mist, Pretty In Pink, Black, So Saffron and Pear Pizzazz. Seam binding is also Marina Mist. The sentiment is from the On the Grow stamp set. I also lightly sponged the edges of Whisper White with some Marina Mist. All products are Stampin' Up!.

I think that is all for this post and please stay cool and make sure to check on your older friends to make sure they are staying hydrated and cool too. Have a great day....................Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Awwww, Mary, that is so sweet of you to make this for your friend. I'll say a prayer for her. What a beautiful card. Do you believe I have this set, and haven't even used it?! Shame, shame. Things are finally cooling down up here, so maybe the same will happen for you soon! Fingers crossed. ~Chanda

Curt in Indy said...

I think I'm actually charred! The heat has been so oppressive! Your card is beautiful. I love this 2-step stamp and it made a very sweet card. I know the young woman who is going to receive this will certainly have her day brightened. Hope you are well! Best, Curt