Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Crosses of Hope

Hello to all of you! The card I'm sharing today is for a lady who has pancreatic cancer and has decided not to receive treatment. Her daughter requested cards for her and I immediately thought of this stamp set. It is one that is passed over by many in the Stampin' Up! catalog but it has so many occasions you can use it for.

This is one card that I envisioned and it actually turned out like I envisioned it to be! Boy that doesn't happen very often either. I first stamped the image and cut it out, then I laid it on my card stock and sponged over the cross mask so that when I put the finished cross on, it would have the sponged blue background. I used my Martha Stewart fern punch (so glad I got that years ago!). The rest of the supplies are from Stampin' Up!

Card Recipe:

Stamp set: Crosses of Hope (page 77)
Card stock: Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive and Pretty In Pink
Ink: Baja Breeze and Black Stazon
Markers: Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery and Old Olive
Ribbon: Whisper White
Seam Binding: Baja Breeze
Scallop Trim Border punch
dimensional


Well this is all for my share today, thanks for stopping in and have a crafty day! Mary

2 comments:

Helen said...

simply beautiful!

Chanda said...

Mary, this is stunningly beautiful! I ALMOST bought that stamp set this week, but decided to buy just Xmas stuff, darn it! I love this card! It's so soft and beautiful!!! Great job! How kind of you to send the lady a heartfelt card. :)