Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Betsy's Blossoms

Happy Tax Day to all of you!  I hope you all have that big task behind you, we got ours done in February, so glad when it is done too!  This past week-end we enjoyed a taste of spring and it was wonderful too, but sadly this coming week it is to be cooler and rainy but we are still in a drought condition here in the Midwest, so rain is good.

I went to convention last July and I received a card just like this while swapping with another demo except that she used Gumball Green for the background.  Since I don't have that color, I decided to use Midnight Muse and really like how bright and cheery it is too!  I hand cut out the bird and the flowers, popping the bird up on dimensionals for some depth.  I ran the Midnight Muse thru the Fancy Fan embossing folder and use the Apothecary Accents Framelit.  The flowers are stamped with Daffodil Delight and Rose Red, while the leaf is in Pear Pizzazz (which is returning).  Lightly sponge Daffodil Delight around my framelit cut out.  The sentiment is from the Friendly Phrases.  Pretty easy card to put together.

I got one of my mixer covers sewn, and now making another one for my daughters friend, but I had to take some time to get my fingers inky too, it's so relaxing!  Hope you all have a great week, see you again on Wednesday!    Mary

No comments: