Pages

Friday, January 29, 2016

Rose Wonder

Today I want to share my first serious try at watercoloring.  While not perfect, it's not to bad for my first attempt.  I did go to Michael's the next day and got a book of watercolor paper to continue to practice my watercoloring technique.  I want to thank Amy K for inspiring me to give it a try.

I stamped the image with VersaMark ink and then use White Embossing powder to set the image with. I used Perfect Plum and Pear Pizzazz for my ink colors.  I put one drop of re-inker on the lid of my ink pad and use the Aqua Painter to pick up the ink and color with.  Anyone who has followed my blog know how much I like to color, so this is right up my alley!



Stamp set is the Rose Wonder from the 2015 Occasions Catalog and the sentiment is from Wetlands.  Card stock is Very Vanilla, Perfect Plum and Watercolor paper.

Thank you for coming by and I hope you have a wonderful week-end too.  Mary

1 comment:

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Mary, if this is your first try, I am very impressed! It looks exactly the way it should. Water coloring is a muted type of design and your card is just beautiful! Your colors are perfect together. I love to color too, and I don't do water colors enough. You can also do this on our shimmer paper and glossy paper. And try a blender pen too. It works the same way, but has a different look about it. You have done a fantastic job Mary. I look forward to seeing more! Have a great weekend.