Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Tasty Truck

Good morning on this fine Monday, I hope that spring is has sprung in your part of the world.  This past week-end it was here in the mid-West and we thoroughly enjoyed having the windows and doors open to air the stale winter air out of the house!

This past Saturday was my youngest daughter's 32nd birthday, where has the time gone too!!

Since I was too busy to make cards the last two weeks of Sale-A-Bration, I decided to go ahead and make some cards with this retired stamp set anyway, it's just too cute not to use!


Her favorite color is purple, so I used Perfect Plum for her truck and tried my hand at watercoloring the truck in.  I did use Whisper White card stock for this, but would suggest you use Watercolor paper  it just works better.  For the rest of the scene, I used stamps from Sheltering Tree, along with Pear Pizzazz and Crumb Cake inks.  I used a Crushed Curry maker for the awning of the truck along with Smoky Slate for the window highlights and tires.  Pink Pirouette was used for the ice cream and icing on the cupcakes.  I sponged the sky with Sky Blue.

While I was at it, I made one in pink for my other daughter, her favorite color, as her birthday is in two weeks too!


My daughter texted me and said that her card was cute, so I think she liked it!

Off to the craft room, see you soon.  Mary

No comments: