Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Truly Grateful

Hi everyone, I hope you had a great week-end.  It has turned cold here in the mid-west, but will warm up again later in the week.  Good day for chili, yum!

Well on Saturday, it was world card making day and I just had to make a card.  So late Saturday night I went into the craft room and using some of my new toys created a card.  It's very simple, because I didn't want to stay up to late playing.  Here is what I created....

I entered it in the contest that Stampin' Up! was hosting.  I used the new Expression Thinlits to create the "thankful" for the front using Always Artichoke card stock.  I used some Tombow multi-purpose glue to adhere it to the 1-1/4" Burlap ribbon.  Then I stamped my image with Crumb Cake ink onto a Very Vanilla card base.  While I had it laying on the table, I felt it need some color, so I took some scrap card stock, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler and Pumpkin Pie, and hand cut some small flags for the bottom of the ribbon.  There, just the right amount of color.  Oh, I also sponged the card base edges with Crumb Cake.  You could easily take this idea and step it up a notch, hmm, I may just have to do that, you may be seeing more of this card in the future!

I hope you have a great day and just a reminder, the LNS Treasure Hunt Fall 2013 has less than 20 days and then a winner will be drawn from those who entered.  Mary

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary, that is soooo pretty! I bet you're a shoo-in to win a prize or at least some recognition! Funny, I just made chili last night so we could have it for dinner tonight! Sure hit the spot!