Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Envelope Punch Board Candy Holder

Hi everyone, I hope you all have been doing well, we are all fine at our house and hubby is tired but happy to be back at his part-time job.

Today I want to share with you a project that I found in my in box one day.  It's a cute, inexpensive idea that you can give to just about anyone on your Christmas list, or anytime of the year, and best of all you can easily make it for under $5.00!  Yup, under $5.00.  I got my candy bar at Wal-Mart for $1.48 for a 4.4 ounce bar.  If you already have some 12" x 12" card stock or Designer Series paper on hand, then you are ready for this project.  Oh wait, you do need to have the envelope punch board though to make these with.  Now I'm going to be honest here, when I tried this at Convention in July I was not impressed with it!  I'm thinking, "why do I want to use my paper to make envelopes" and I did have a learning curve with it too.  But when I saw some of the many different items some people were making with it, I was thinking, "maybe", but when I saw this video HERE, I just had to get one because I like to make items like this!

I did use the Gift Bow Die to it, but you could finish the front anyway you would like, ribbon would work with this really nicely!  After I finished it, I thought I could run the strip of DSP up and down and save more paper that way to (or ribbon).  You could stamp on the front, image that, lol!  So just let your imagination go and you'll come up with some really good ideas too!  Now I'm trying to figure out how to make one for the 7 ounce size bar!

Thank you for dropping in to see me and just a reminder, today is the last day for the 25% off stamp sale.  Mary

1 comment:

Bugga in OK said...

This is very cute, Mary. I'd already bookmarked this to make for friends and neighbors. You did a great job!

Annette