ENJOY AN IMPROVED ONLINE SHOPPING EXPERIENCEOctober 14, 2013
Good news! On October 15 at 10:00 AM (MT) we'll be enhancing our ordering features for our online customers. Here are the new benefits:
- All orders will now go through a demonstrator. You're important to us, so we want all of the work we're doing to spread the word about Stampin' Up! to bring rewards for you. (If your customer has already selected you as her demonstrator, she won't have to repeat the process.)
- No more preferred pricing. Having two prices for each item confused customers, so we've simplified the process.
- Guest checkout. Customers who do not want to commit to creating an account will no longer be deterred from ordering. They can now check out as a guest. These customers are still required to select a demonstrator and they can select whether to pass on their contact information to you.
- New features for our shopping bag. Customers can now easily save bag contents. Also, when adding items to your bag, you can choose to go directly to the bag or continue shopping. We've also included a progress bar to guide customers through the ordering process.
- Enjoy more images. You asked for it--you got it. Additional product images are bigger and easier to view.
- Enhanced sorting. Now you can sort merchandise based on newest or oldest--a real plus when you want to see the latest MDS downloads.
- Sale prices are clearly marked. Items on sale are clearly marked without having to add them to your bag (as shown below). You can also sort products by the sales price (instead of according to the original price).
- Hostess code issues will prompt action. For instance, customers will be prompted if they enter a new hostess code after returning to a saved shopping bag that already had a hostess code present.
And here's what customers will see if they enter a hostess code that is no longer valid.
- Contact preferences. Customers will be able to state whether they want to be contacted (by us or by a demonstrator) or not. (See the check box at the bottom of the screenshot below.)
How does this benefit you? It helps us reach the few customers who will avoid placing an order because they don't want to be contacted by anyone. You'll be able to spot these types of orders in your order history; the words "no contact" will appear in the hostess and shipping information fields.
Keep in mind that the online training may still refer to the previous ordering system. We will update the site to eliminate any outdated references. In the meantime, share the news with your customers and enjoy the new system!