Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Birthday Card for my Uncle

Hi everyone!! Did you think I had forgotten all of you...no way could I forget my blogging friends! The weather has turned cold again, we did have some days with it in the 70's, but winter is not ready to leave just yet.

The card I'm, posting today was inspired by a sympathy card that I received from my friend, Chanda. I needed to make my uncle a birthday card for his upcoming birthday in March. Boy, do I have a hard time making cards for men, I just don't know what to put on them so that they don't feel overly girly to them. So I decided on a dog card. "Does he like dogs", my husband asked, um, I don't really know the answer to that question, I sure hope he does! I decided to put some grass under the dog and once I got started was thinking that I really made a huge mistake, but after looking some more at it, I decided that it was going to be OK, especially after I used some blue chalk to make the sky with. I wanted the card to be fairly simple and not bulky for mailing. I wrapped some ribbon around and put the paw print over it to help keep it in that area. It came together fairly quick too.

Supplies used:
Stampin' Up: D is for Dog stamp set,dimensonals, glue dots
Paper: Bazzil
Ribbon: Jo-Ann's

I have made some other cards but have already posted those before, so I didn't want to repeat them. Thanks for dropping in and have a crafty day...........Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

I think he'll love it! You did a really good job with the grass and the sky! Looks great! Maybe he'll think you're calling him an "Ole Dog" when he gets it, LOL! Jussssst kidding! I've seldom met a man who didn't like dogs. :)