Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Dad

Wow, can you believe that I'm still posting pictures that I had a chance to make in June?!  I hope that you are not getting bored with them too!

My dad's birthday was on June 23rd, he turned 85 this year!  He is doing well health wise except that he has Alzheimer's Disease.  I know that at times he can be a hand full for my mom but at least he is sweet and lovable still and likes to give us kisses when he sees us, but I don't think he remembers our names but he does recognize us.  I keep telling her to bring him over so I can watch him so she can have some free time but she won't do it.

Here is a card that I made with a set that I hadn't used yet (hanging head in shame here), so I wanted to give it a try.  I wanted to use a bright color and so I got my Color Coach out and this is the color combo it suggested to use!  It is bright alright.  The little glitter hearts are some that I had left-over from another card.

All products are Stampin' Up!

Card stock: Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise and Real Red
Stamp set: Pennant Parade, and a Sale-a-Bration stamp set called Outline ? (can't remember), retired
Petite Pennant Builder punch
Markers
Ink:Tempting Turquoise and Real Red
Mini Brads

Well soon the 4th will be here, hope you have a great week,      Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Awwww, I think the card is so bright and cheerful. He's sure to love it! Eighty-five! That's quite a milestone! You are blessed to have both parents still with you, but I know Alzheimer's can be difficult to deal with, and sad. I wonder if your mom would let you come over and Daddysit sometime? Might do both of your hearts good. Very cute card! Don't feel bad...I have Pennant Parade and the Pennant Punch and I haven't even touched either one!!! :)