Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lovely As A Tree

Well, good Wednesday morning to you my friends!  I hope you have a nice day planned, mine will be spent making cards for a auction for the assisted living facility where my daughter works.  All money made will be given to the Alzheimer's Association.  I have a few made already and I must keep in mind that they will need to be simple so as not to require any extra postage too.  Hmmm, I may have to make this one for them!

This card is one that I made for my husband to send to a former co-worker of his.  Sadly the man's wife passed away last week because of cancer.  Since it was for a man being given by a man, I wanted it to look masculine too.

On this one I used the painter's tape technique, you are asking "what is that"?  Well you take a piece of  blue painter's tape, long enough to go across your card front, then lay it across your ink pad (sticky side down) and lightly press the tape onto the ink pad, then take the inked up tape and lay it on your card stock and lightly press the tape to transfer the ink onto your card stock. Very simple and no two cards will be alike either.  When done, then stamp your image on top of your stripes.  Done!  Simple and quick.

Here is what I used:

Stamp sets: Lovely As A Tree and So Sorry (both sets are a must have)
Ink: Early Espresso, Soft Sky and Pear Pizzazz
Card stock: Whisper White, Soft Sky and Early Espresso
Linen Thread
Blue Painter's tape

Why not give this technique a try, I bet you will like it too!    Mary


3 comments:

None None said...

Love the painter's tape technique - thanks for explaining it. The effect it provides is gorgeous and the card you created is beautiful. Very suitable for a masculine sympathy card.

Donna said...

The painter's tape technique is one of my favorite new techniques. So simple but it gives such great results!

This is a great card for a "Man to Man" card. Excellent choice!

Unknown said...

Love it! This is one stamp set I don't have and may not ever have - I think it would jinx everyone who DOES have it! Thanks for sharing and thanks for being a part of the LNS Fall Treasure Hunt.