Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Owl Builder Punch Wedding Card

Well my post is late today, as I was busy making this card for my daughter.  She requested a cowboy wedding card.

Well the first thing that came to my mind was the owl from the Owl Builder punch.  So I was off and running with this idea.  The hats are made with a small oval punch that I believe is retired, that is why I always keep my punches, even if they retire, they come in too handy for punch art.  The top part of the hat is just free-handed.  I had have some retired designer series paper from Christmas last year, so that is what I used for the vest and the blue background is also from a stack of retired paper (it came cut like this) from last year too, thank goodness it is double-sided!  The leaves are from the Bird Builder punch.  Netting is some that I've had laying in the craft closet, always a good place to shop first!  The bow tie is two hearts and small circle from the Owl Builder punch, owl's wings are from the Bird Builder punch, branches are also from the Bird Builder punch too.  I ran the "wedding dress" through the Fancy fan embossing folder and the Crumb Cake card stock is embossed with the Woodgrain folder.  Sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes mounted on the Word Window punch and then onto the Modern Label punch.  Pearls were add and also to the brides white hat.  Card base is Very Vanilla.

Whew, there is my card share for the day, I hope you enjoy it.  My daughter saw it and said how cute it is too, so that is good!  Have a great week-end and don't forget to play along with the LNS Treasure Hunt, the prize keeps growing as some more demonstrations join in and yes, the list is up-to-date too!  Mary

3 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Adorable Mary!

Anonymous said...

Is this punch the best of what? So cute!
Ginger

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love this punch? Your card is so cute!