Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Bear Hugs

Honor Memorial Day to all of you, I hope you had a day filled with great food and family and of course remembering our Veterans and the sacrifices that they all made!

Next month my Dad is turning 89, wow, it's hard to believe that he is going to be that old too, just doesn't seem possible to me.  So I needed to get busy and make a special card for him.

When we were at church, we saw in our bulletin that a friend of ours is having his birthday on Saturday, so I thought I would make him a card too while I was making my dad's card.  Since both of them like to fish I knew it would have to have some kind of fishing items on the front and this is the card I came up with.


I went with the stamp set and matching framelits, Bear Hugs.  At first I was not going to invest in this set, but when I found out that it would be carried over into the main catalog I went ahead and order them both, so glad I did too!

I used the soon to be retired Scallop Framelit to represent the water part on my card front, cutting it out of Soft Sky and sponging it with Marina Mist.  Then I took a piece of Pear Pizzazz and tore that to represent the grass next to the water.  Then I pulled out my "old faithful" Lovely as a Tree to make the background tree line with.  I stamp it in Black Stazon on Whisper White card stock and then sponged on Pear Pizzaz, Always Artichoke and Soft Sky.  I then used my non-SU die to cut it out with.  Click on the picture to see a larger picture of the card.

For the Bear, first I stamped the image using Black Stazon on Very Vanilla card stock.  I then used the frame lit to cut it out with.  I used Hello Honey and sponged it all over my cut-out, then used Crumb Cake and Early Espresso ink to add depth and highlights to the image.  I then stamped with Black Stazon using the fish stamp and cut it out with the matching frame lit.  I used my Stampin Write markers in Crumb Cake, Calypso Coral and Always Artichoke.  I used Linen Thread to hold my fish with.


Here is the inside of my card using Lovely as a Tree and a sentiment from a past Paper Pumpkin set.

This is so cute!!  Thank you for coming by to see me today, I appreciate it!  Mary

No comments: