Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Watercoloring With A Acrylic Block

Good Wednesday to all.  I hope all is well in your part of the world.  Hubby and I have been down with colds, mine is a head one and his is a chest cold, so we are taking it easy today.

I found this technique in my e-mail in box last week.  Sandy MacIver shared a great video on how to do this, so I wanted to give it a try.  I'll share my two creations with you today.  It is really an easy one to do, just remember that no two cards will look alike and don't judge the background until you stamp your images, it really does make a huge difference.

The first card I did just like her video:


Mine came out darker than hers, so I think I need to use less ink with the more vibrant colors.  Then I tried a different color combo.  I used Crumb Cake, Pink Pirouette and Marina Mist on my second try, and this is what I came up with.


When I saw the finished background, it looked like it should be on the beach!  So I use the new stamp set, High Tide.  I love how it turned out!!  This would have also worked with the stamp set Wetlands too.  I used Smoky Slate and Basic Gray for the lighthouse, as I didn't want the lighthouse to stand out too much from the background.  The grass was stamped in Soft Suede.

Now onto some Valentine cards and birthday cards too!  See you Friday!  Mary


No comments: