Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Candy Bar Sliders

Hi everyone, hope your day is off to a good start. The sun is out here and it is on the cool side today, fall is starting to come more and more each day.

I thought I would share with you a small candy bar slider today. These are decorated for Halloween and would be nice to give to your "special" trick-or-treater's that come by your house. I found the directions for them here:http://www.juliabettencourt.com/blog/?p=1286
They are made using the snack size candy bars instead of the larger size bars. You can find these snack size one at Wal-Mart in a package of 8 for $1.00. They are very easy to make. For mine I use two different punches, the spider punch is made by EK Success, and the bat picket fence is a Martha Stewart punch. I found both of these at Archiver's about a week ago. For the spider one, I used a stamp that I had from last year that I also found at Archiver's in their $1.99 bins. The little ghost on the other one is made with the Owl punch from Stampin' Up, you just trim off his feet and turn him upside down, instant ghost! Most candy bar sliders have ribbon that you use to pull the candy out with, but I omitted it on these. I'm going to have my husband give these to the gals that work at the credit union, they are always helping us. For a closer look, click on the picture.

Hope you all are having a crafty day.........Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

These are soooo cute! You did a great job on them! Adorable!