Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Testing Out a New Technique

Well I'm sharing two cards that I made over the week-end with a new technique called Faux Leather. You take some Fun Foam and heat it up with a heat embossing tool until it get warm/hot, than you place a inked up stamp on it for about 30 seconds, while applying some pressure and it will leave an impression in the foam. Now I, in all my craftiness, got the hair brained idea to use white foam instead of tan because I don't have any manly stamps to play with (oh that doesn't sound to nice, does it)! Well, I'm just not to sure if I like it with the white foam. What do you all think?? The brads on the right card are some that I tried to make the same color as the flower with some glitter added to it, but I'm not impressed with them either. Oh well, live and learn. Click on picture to see up close. Here is a link for a video on how to do this:http://thestampcamp.com/blog/10/11/faux-leather-video/
I will show you what this same stamp looks like on tan foam. If you try this, let me know, I would like to see your creation! The stamp set is from Stampin' Up-Because I Care, scallop punch is also from Stampin' Up, cardstock from Archiver's, ribbon and rhinestones are from Michael's.

I hope you have a nice day......Mary