Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Swallowtail

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful day today.  It is cold and going to get rainy/snowy/icy tomorrow, take your pick, that is how our weather is here in Missouri, ever changing!

Today's card was an experiment with heat embossing powders.  While it didn't turn out the way I wanted it too, I hate the idea of throwing away card stock too.  I was bad and forgot to use my embossing buddy so I had some strays on the front of the card, so to "hide" them I used my spritzer tool and added even more dots to the background.  Mission accomplished, can't see my strays at all!  I used this as a get well cards for a fellow demonstrator who just had knee replacement surgery.  You can click on the picture to see the image better.

Products used:

Stamp: Swallowtail (w) 129213, (c) 129216 (Spring Catalog 2013)
Card stock: Basic Black 121045, Very Vanilla 101650, Elegant Eggplant 105126
Marker: Elegant Eggplant
VersaMark 102283
Heat Tool 129053
Stampin' Emboss Powder: Black 109133, Gold 109129, Silver 109131
Snail Adhesive 104332
Color Spritzer Tool 107066

Well I hope the weather goes around us and we miss all the icy stuff, the snow I don't mind,  Mary.

2 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Smart way of hiding the spots!!

Chanda said...

Ohhh, pretty! Ya know, they say there are no mistakes, only embellishment opportunities!