Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Banner Santa Pouch

Hey everyone, hope your day has gone well, mine has been spent in the craft room playing.  It's a overcast, gloomy day today, great for staying inside.

Today I want to share with you a cute little Santa idea that I found at the demonstrators website.  A fellow demonstrator, Michelle Alexander, shared these cute little Santa pouches she made for her hostesses.  She didn't provide any details, so I had to wing it and come up with my own.


I used a banner from the banner kit that is currently in the Holiday catalog and traced it onto some Cherry Cobbler card stock, cutting two out.  I did the same for his beard and then trimmed it to the size I wanted and used the scalloped edge border punch.  For the mustache, I used the smallest oval frame lit and then ran all of the beard pieces through the Perfect Polka Dot embossing folder.  Used circle punches for the eyes, nose and mouth.  I used the Stylish Stripe embossing folder for his hat.  Blushing Bride was used for his face and nose.  Oh darn, I forgot to add his hat flap, be right back with the updated version….

Ok, here is a picture with the rest of his hat, ah better.  I used a scallop punch, but Michelle used a white button, which I don't have.  I did add some Dazzling Diamonds to the pom-pom.

Now, this is kind of a flat Santa, so you can't stuff too much into it, think a few candy canes, a candy bar, etc.

I WILL SEND A PDF TO YOU ON HOW TO MAKE THIS, IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS.


This is what I've been up to today, hope you like it!   Mary

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I would love a PDF- this is super cute. My email is whitewater20(at)hotmail.com. My name is Sarah