Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Reindeer Candy Holder

Good day to all of you, hope you all are staying warm.

Today I'm sharing a cute little treat that I found on the Internet.  It holds a regular size Hershey's chocolate candy bar.  Since we didn't have as many ghouls and goblins this year, we have some left over.

For this treat, I used a 6" x 5-1/2" piece of Crumb Cake card stock.  Just wrap it around your bar and using sticky strip to hold it shut in the back.  I used a Sizzix snowflake die to make the antlers with using Soft Suede card stock, sponging the edges with Soft Suede ink.  The hair, or whatever it is called, was made using the 1-3/4" scallop punch, cut in half, sponging the edges.  For the eyes I used a 3/4" circle punch and 1/2" circle punch.  For the nose I used 1" circle punch using the red glimmer paper.  Added some highlights with a white gel pen.  Now you could add a hand drawn mouth, you could add some sponge dauber cheeks, etc.  Really just decorate the way you would like too.  These would make cute, inexpensive gift to give for the upcoming holiday.

I hope you give these a try and make a whole herd!  Mary

2 comments:

Beth Adams said...

Clever use of the snowflake die. Now that is thinking outside the box.

Cute Mary.

laurie said...

That is just the cutest!