Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Work Of Art Butterfly Birthday

A fellow demonstrator that I follow posted a picture of this card on her blog the other day, thanks Donna for sharing, and I just had to copy it.  So simple and fast to make too.


I used the new Bold Butterfly Framelits.  First I stamped with the Work of Art swoosh stamp in Calypso Coral, So Saffron and Pool Party.  I did use my Stamp-a-ma-jig to get my swoosh pattern to line up the way it did.  Then I placed the frame lit over the stamped area and cut it out.  I popped the card front up with dimensionals and then used Tombow Multi-Purpose glue on the center of the butterfly body to adhere it down.  That gives the wings some dimension.  I added some Basic Rhinestones to the center and the card was done!  I used Build A Birthday sentiment.

Off to make my son-in-law's birthday card, can't forget him!  Mary

Playing along at SU Only HERE

14 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

What a fantastic CASE and beautiful color combination!! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Connie Babbert said...

This is SO awesome, and I am totally casing it for my Tech Class this week! I'm sure they will love it! Thanks for playing along with the SUO Butterfly Challenge this time!

Julia said...

Oh I LOVE this and I really would love to CASE it - what a fabulous card, and the butterfly looks awesome!! So glad you joined in the challenge at SUO!

Mary Brown said...

Oh so simple and I LOVE how you created your butterfly and your background! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

OMG! Such a cute idea! Great color choice too!

Moira said...

I love this so much, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I don't see a swoosh type stamp in the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. I see one in tthe Work of Art.

AlteredAddict said...

This is a beautiful card, so much I decided to make my own.

I wanted to thank you and add a side note that the swoosh stamp isn't from the gorgeous grunge stamp set but the Work of Art stamp set.

I got all excited because I had the GG stamp set and then depressed when I realized it was the wrong set. LOL Thankfully a friend had the WoA set that I could borrow until I get my own later this month :)

Thanks for the inspiration.

hugs

Nana Donna said...

I saw this on Pinterest and absolutely fell in love with it. I have re-created it and posted it on my blog. Thank you for the inspiration. If you want to check out my version here is my blog http://nanadonnascarddreams.blogspot.com/2016/03/hello-butterfly.html

Mary said...

Thank you everyone for pointing out my mistake with the stamp set name. I have gone in and put the correct stamp name in.

RBissness said...

What does CASE mean?

Mary said...

Hi Running for Righteous Reality-Robin! It means Copy And Share Everything.

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Mary we used this card as inspiration for the latest Oh So Inspired Video Hop on YouTube. I hope you will stop by and see all the creations you inspired. https://youtu.be/fGLQEd8S_HI

Susan said...

What a great idea. Love the Work of Art stamp set, and this is a very effective use of it. Thanks for sharing this card.