Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

You've Got This

I got this stamp set last month and have been trying to figure out how I was going to color it in so I would like it.  I finally remember that I have some Shimmery White card stock.  A lot of demonstrators have stated that they like this card stock for this type of coloring, so I pulled it out along with my Aqua Painter and two ink pads, Tangelo Twist and Mossy Meadow and got busy "painting".

I stamped the background image with Watercolor Wash with Soft Sky.  I did cut out the image and temporarily adhere it to the card stock before stamping, that is why there is a halo around the image.  I then stamped the image with Staz-On black ink and got to coloring the image in.  Not to bad for my first try either!

I then tied some Linen Thread around the card front.  I used a sentiment from the Garden in Bloom set. I used Tangelo Twist card stock to adhere the card front too.  I mailed this card off to lady who is recovering from a really bad stroke, hope she likes it.

No baby yet, but soon!   Mary

Update:  Little Wesley Matthew made his appearance into the world on Wednesday, August 12th at 5:56 pm.  He weighted in at 8 pounds, 13 ounces and 21 inches long.  He had a little bit of a struggle, shoulder got hung up and his left arm is very sore but he seems to be in very good health.  Mom is very tired and sore but oh so happy too!

No comments: