Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Minion Birthday Card

My youngest daughter has a boyfriend who is five years old!  We were talking about how well-behaved he is and she really enjoys being around him.  I asked when his birthday is and it is in December.  Ok, what is does he like, the Minions, ok, so I went surfing around on Pinterest for some Minion Flip cards, so I could use my die.

I found a really cute one at Carol L. blog, you can see her card HERE, so I set about making this card. It did take some time but I had fun seeing it come all together too.

I used the largest Circle Framelit to trace the round edge of the Minion head, it really does make a big difference in the appearance of the card!  Then I set off to punching and sponging and trimming and gluing everything together.  I really like how it turned out.


 I wish I would have sponged his pocket.


Here it is closed tighter so you can see it better.


Here is what the inside of the card looks like.  I used Hey Little buddy, retired, for the sentiment.

Card stock: Island Indigo, Basic Black, Soft Suede, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight and Silver Foil
Ink: Smoky Slate (lightly sponged the outside of the front eyeball), Soft Suede-sponge the inner eyeball and Memento Black Ink
White Gel pen
Circle Thinlit
Punches: Circle-2-1/2", 2", 1"and 1/2", Modern Label, Large Oval and Owl Builder
Fringe scissors for the hair

Whew, I think I got everything listed!!

See you again soon,  Mary

No comments: