Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

No-Bake Salad Pizza


Howdy to everyone on this end of the work week, well for most people anyway! I hope you all have some fun things planned for your upcoming week-end. Tomorrow we will be going to the Farmer's Market here in town, hope to pick up some more Peaches n' Cream corn!

Today I'm going to share a recipe that I found clear back in 1996 in a Fast and Healthy recipe book. You know the ones that you look at when you are standing in line at the check-out lane at the grocery store. I use to make this recipe alot when my girls were younger and they really, really like this, well we all did! I always had to make sure and cut the pizza so that we each had two pieces. This is a perfect pizza for the summer because you don't have to bake it in the oven! Super easy too!!

NO-BAKE SALAD PIZZA

1 cup (8 oz.) purchased spinach dip, I use ranch dip, use your families favorite*
1 (10 oz.) thin crust Italian bread shell, I've always use Boboli
1 cup chopped broccoli, or your favorite
1 cup cubed cooked chicken or turkey, in a pinch I use the canned chicken breast
1/3 cup sliced green onions, purple adds a nice color to this too
1 small tomato, seeded, chopped, you can use grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half

Spread spinach dip evenly over bread shell to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with remaining ingredients. To serve, cut into 8 wedges.

*Most of the time I don't use all of the dip, I just spread until I feel that it has cover the crust nicely.

Have a nice day....Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Oh, man! That sounds so good right now! I'm hungrrrryyyy!