Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thin Mint Crackers

Since it has been so hot for everyone this summer, I thought I would share a recipe that doesn't require you to turn the oven on! These cookies/treats are so easy to make and they do taste like the cookies you get once a year from the girls who come to our houses to sell them.

The picture of the recipe card is one that I made for a Christmas cookie swap that I was in last year at Splitcoaststampers. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it so that you can read it better.
This picture shows you the ingredients that I use when I make these cookies. Wal-Mart use to sell the Andes mint chips all year round but since they have re-organized their stores they don't have them. Hopefully they will stock them around the holidays again. I always buy extra so that I can make the cookies all year long. My husband likes them better with Ritz crackers and I like them better with the chocolate wafers. Oh by the way, I find the chocolate wafers in my local grocery store by the ice cream syrup's, why there instead of with the cookies is beyond me??
Hope you try them, easy and yummy to eat!
Mary

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Those sound wonderful - will have to add the recipe to my list for yummy snacks!!! Thanks for sharing!

Chanda said...

Sounds yummy! I think I'd like them better with the chocolate wafers, too! :)