Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Almond Roca Cookies

Now this is not the best picture of these AMAZING cookies!! I found this recipe on Splitcoaststampers and the recipe submitter, Shaela, said that every single cookie cookoff she enters with this cookie, she wins and I can taste why. I will be adding these to my cookie platters that I give to my neighbors every year. This was my second baked good that I took to the church bake sale.

Almond Roca Cookies

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 package toffee bits
1 cup coarsely ground almonds
4 ounces milk chocolate
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend sugars together on medium speed. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. At low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and then the toffee bits. Mix until just blended; do not over-mix.

Place ground nuts in a small bowl. Using hands or small scoop, roll balls of dough into 1 to 1 1/2 inch balls, then roll in the gound nuts. Place on cookie sheets several inches apart. There is no need to flatten them. Bake approximately 20 minutes and than transfer cookies to a cooling rack.

Melt the chocolate with the vegetalbe oil in a double boiler or in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle melted chocolate over cooled cookies. Place cookies on a cookie sheet and place in freezer or refrigerator until chocolate is firmly set. Store in tightly covered container.

Yields: 5 dozen (when I made them, I only got 4 dozen, must have maded them to big).

I used my Silpats when I make cookies, I think I would grease the cookie sheets just to be on the safe side when making these because of the toffee bits.

1 comment:

Chanda said...

One word....YUMMO!!!!! Looks awesome! :)