Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Sugar Coated Pecans

HI to all my blog friends!! Hope you all have your Christmas shopping done, all your packages mailed and all your cards sent too.

Today I'm going to share yet another recipe with you that I found on Allrecipes.com back in 2006. These pecans are so good! My oldest said that they are like eating crack, once you get started you can't stop! In fact one year I had to hide them from her so she wouldn't eat them before I could take them to a party we were going too! One of her co-workers ask her a couple days ago at their office Christmas luncheon "where are your Mom's pecans?"

Sugar Coated Pecans

1 egg white
2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pound pecan halves, buy the best ones you can afford, it does make a difference
1 cup white sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease one cookie sheet with sides. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white, vanilla and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt and cinnamon. Add pecans to egg white, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts and toss them in the sugar mixture until all coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool before serving.

Now it is important to let the pecans cool completely before serving or eating. If you try to eat them before they are cool, they will not taste good.

You can use 1 cup Splenda instead of the sugar.
You can use 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar, in place of the 1 cup white sugar.
You can use almonds, walnuts in place of pecans.

Enjoy!! Mary

3 comments:

Chanda said...

Yummy! This sounds soooo good! Thanks for sharing! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days. Been sick as a dog, unfortunately! :(

Beth Adams said...

I was just thinking about a bag of pecans I bought from a friend. I don't use pecans in any of my recipes....I think this is the perfect recipe for them. Thanks for sharing and adding another inch to my hip size!

Mary said...

LOL!!! Beth, I'm right there with you!