Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sweet Party Mix

Well, in keeping with the Chex Mix that I shared with you a couple of days ago, I thought I would share a sweet mix with you today. This is so good and it is hard to stop eating once you get started! I found this recipe 5 years ago on Allrecipes.com, they have so many good recipes and I like to read the reviews first before I decided if it is a recipe I want to try out.

Sorry about posting only recipes lately, we've been super busy here and recipes are easy for me to share with all of you and besides everyone is always looking for recipes around Christmas and for New Year's too! I will share the original recipe first and than at the end share with you how I do/make it.

Sweet Party Mix

1 (12 oz) package crispy corn and rice cereal
5 ounces slivered almonds**
6 ounces toasted, chopped pecans**
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup dark Karo syrup
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Lightly grease large roasting pan. In a large bowl, mix cereal, almonds and pecans. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and mix with dark Karo syrup and light brown sugar (I let the mixture come to a boil and boil for one minute). Pour the mixture over the cereal/nut mixture. Stir and shake to coat all. Pour the coated cereal mixture into the prepared roasting pan. Place in oven; stirring every 15 minutes. Cook for 1 hour. After baking, pour out onto waxed paper and store in airtight containers.

** I use my favorite nuts, peanuts or cashews or both and I use a total of 4 cups when I make this. I also bake mine on two large cookie sheets that have sides to them, I spray them with PAM. I also stir the mix, after it is done baking, while it is cooling on the cookie sheets. **

2 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

great recipes! TFS

Chanda said...

Man, alive! That sounds so good!!! :)