Pages

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wetlands

Well, as promised, I'm going to show you a card made with the stamp set called Wetlands.  I think the reason I like this set is that it's a good one for making guy cards with.  You can use it for any occasion too, be it sympathy, birthday, thinking of you, etc.

In December, I received another demonstrators monthly newsletter and this card was one she highlighted.  So I saved her newsletter until I could get around to make her card.  It was from the Stamp Lady Katie.  Thanks Katie for sharing your card!

This was a pretty quick card to make once I figured out the dimensions for my layers.  I have a small notebook that I keep on my craft table and for each new card I write down the card title and all of the dimensions I used for each card, that way I can easily reproduce the card again in the future, if needed.

I used Black Staz-On ink for the image, well actually I stamped it twice, once on card stock and once on a scrap piece of paper.  I cut the goose image on the scrap paper out and put it over the goose image on the card stock to mask it off so when I sponged on the Pear Pizzazz and the Marina Mist, my goose stayed clean.  I then took the mask off and used some Crumb Cake ink and a blender pen to color the goose in with.  Oh, I used a 1" circle punch, as a mask, to make the sun in the background.  I also took another scrap of paper and tore the edge to mask off the bottom too.  I then stamped my sentiment on and tied some Linen thread around the card a couple of times and tied it off.

I hope you like this card, and I thank you for stopping by to see it too!  Mary

No comments: