Pages

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sock Monkey Birthday Card



When I was a little girl growing up in Iowa, I had a sock monkey that my mother made for me. It was put into the cedar chest and "saved" until I had children of my own. When my second daughter saw my sock monkey from my childhood, she latched onto it, thus began her love affair with all things sock monkey. She still to this day, has one on her bed, as decoration, and she also has sock monkey pj bottoms. So I made this birthday card for her. I found a card for inspiration, made by Valerie Willioms, but I could not find anywhere if she has a blog to reference back too. Sock monkey is made with different punches. The stamp is a Stampin' Up stamp. Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Mary, this is soooooo cute! It's way better than the stamp! Love it! It makes me laugh! :)