Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Dessert Cake

Get yourself ready for a really good recipe today!! This stuff is so good, that you'll want to get a BIG spoon and eat the whole dessert by yourself! I got this recipe many years ago from my mom and I do believe that it is the best thing, EVER! When you are eating this, you'll find yourself saying over and over, "man this is so good".

Dessert Cake

1 package of yellow or Golden yellow Jiffy cake mix--follow the directions on the box to make and bake BUT bake in a grease 9 x 13 inch cake pan. Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees; cool.

After the cake is cool, add on top :
1- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained well (doesn't matter what kind of syrup it is in)

Then mix in a small mixing bowl:
1 - 8 ounce package softened cream cheese (you want this softened, no lumps that way)
1/2 cup milk, alittle at a time
I use my hand held mixer to do this, makes it very easy
set aside for now

In a large mixing bowl, mix:
2 1/2 cups milk
2 small packages of vanilla instant pudding mix
Mix these together for about 2 to 3 mins., or until you can see it start to thicken some

Now add the cream cheese/milk mixture into the pudding mixture, gentle mixing until well incorporated. Now pour this over the top of the pineapple/cake.

Spread 1 - 8 ounce carton of thawed Cool Whip over the pudding layer. Refigerate for at least one hour before serving or overnight. Refrigerate any leftovers.

This seems to get better the day after it is made, holds up well for several days, if it last that long!!

I made this for dessert for our Father's day gathering and today there are only three pieces left! So YUMMY!!!

Thanks for dropping in and I hope your enjoy this recipe as much as my family does....Mary

1 comment:

Sharon said...

My mother-in-law always made this cake! Sadly, she passed away last August and I haven't found the recipe in her MANY folders or recipe books. Thanks for sharing it! I can't wait to make it!

Sharon