Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer Flowers

Today I'm going to share pictures of one of our hibiscus plants from our backyard. My husband is the one who takes care of these beauties, in fact, we have a grow light in our basement so that they can winter over each year. He had one plant that was over seven years old when it died this past spring. I believe the name for this one is "Cotton Candy". It's been a real bloom producer too, in fact, right now there are about 10 to 15 buds on it

Of course, the plants are loving this hot humid weather we are having right now too. It's so nice to look out the back kitchen window and see how "happy" the plants are. We have three hibiscus plants right now.

I hope that you are all having a "blooming" day today!! Thanks for visiting with me,
Mary




2 comments:

Chanda said...

OMGosh! These are gorgeous! These are one of my fave flowers/bushes! Absolutely beautiful!

Beth Adams said...

Oh...your flowers are beautiful. They grew so well for me in Ohio and came up every year. I haven't had in luck growing the in Alabama - big sigh.

TFS