Pages

Monday, September 6, 2010

Oven S'Mores



Oven S'More's

Hershery chocolate bars
marshmallows
graham crackers

Today I'm going to share a recipe that I'm sure that we've all had as children growing up either as family campers or as scouts...S'More's!!! There is just a slight twist to this version of this treat, you don't need a campfire anymore to enjoy them! A couple days ago, I received this recipe in my e-mail mailbox from Our Best Bites (here is the link to her recipe):
http://www.ourbestbites.com/2010/08/candy-bar-oven-smores.html
Now when I made mine the other day, I did it the old-fashion way with the Hershery's chocolate bars, instead of the peanut butter cup or the Rolos. I didn't make mine like she did, I took my squares of graham crackers, laid six on my toaster oven tray, than my chocolate square on top of the cracker, than two marshmallows side-by-side on top of the chocolate. I put the toaster oven on broil and slid the tray into the toaster and let the marshmallows get brown on top (this also made the chocolate really gooey). When the marshmallows are to your liken, pull them out, transfer to a plate and place another graham cracker square on top and squish it together! What a yummy mess you will have!! Both my husband and daughter really enjoyed this simple treat!

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Well, shoot, I just tried to leave a comment and the thing died on me, lol!
Anyway, in case you didn't get the first one, I said that your recipe sounds much better! Yum!