Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sympathy Card for a Male


Well as you can see from the post title, I needed to make another sympathy card, this time for a cousin who loss her father-in-law. I tried to make this card more masculine. This card is made based on a sympathy card that we received after the loss of my husband's mother, thanks Chanda for your beautiful card. I used chalks for the background, this created a soft, muted look. I than used my Stampin' Up stamp set called "Thoughts & Prayers" for the image and sentiment on the front. Hopefully this will be the last sympathy card that I need to make for awhile.
Hope you all have a great week-end.......Mary

4 comments:

Chanda said...

I really like it with the chalks! I like how you could control your edges better that way! Great idea!

Mary said...

Well, I didn't have any re-inkers or watercolor paper, so I was forced to use what was handy, I like the one you sent to us much better! For the edges, I used a chalk eraser.

Bev Gomez said...

Thanks Mary for your sweet comments about Mike on my blog. Please pray he doesn't have cancer! Prayer is so powerful!Bev I am following you. Are you a SU demonstrator?

Mary said...

Thank you Bev! No I'm not an SU demonstrator, but my sweet friend, Chanda Stehlik is!