Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Embossed Christmas Tree Card

Well here is my second attempt on my trial Christmas card run. I love the clean and simple design of this card! It is my favorite, so far! I used another stamp from Archiver's that I purchased last year. They had a sample card at the store that I really liked, but this card is not based on it. I also embossed two lines, one above and one below the sentiment to help draw your eyes to that part of the card. The "peace" is from a retired Stampin' Up set called Wonderful Words-II. Now I cut the cardstock that the tree is stamped on, thru my Big Kick, with one of my Nestie shapes to cut and emboss the shape. Than I used a Krylon Silver Leafing Pen to do the edges with. I need to practice that step some more! Here is a link to the Christmas card that inspired me to make this one:http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2010/10/30/more-cas-and-many-new-things/ it is just BEAUTIFUL! I used silver embossing powder that has some sparkle in it, LOVE IT!

Hope you all are finding inspiration to make your cards with, have a crafty day....Mary

2 comments:

Chanda said...

Mary, this is so pretty! I like that the lines around it aren't perfect. It looks great! I love the clean and simple design, too! :)

Dee in N.H. said...

Very pretty. Cas isn't easy but this one is a home run for sure!