Pages

Monday, November 8, 2010

Painting With Embossing Powder Technique



I'm so excited to show you this card that I made yesterday! It is a new way to use your embossing powder. I found this new way over on Sandi MacIver's blog, you can see her post here:http://www.sandimaciver.com/sandi_maciver/2010/10/painting-with-embossing-powder-technique.html My husband needed a thank you note to send to a male friend, so I thought I would try this technique out and just love how it turned out! The stamp that I used is an old one that I won on e-bay, probably about 10 years ago, from Rubber Stampede. I also used Versamark ink. The "thank you" stamp is from Wonderful Words, a retired Stampin' Up set. I used gold, silver and black embossing powder. To see the card up closer, click on the picture.
I've also been working on designing my Christmas cards, so I'll be sharing those over the next week with all of you. Hope you have a crafty day...........Mary

2 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

Holy mackerel! That is so pretty! I've never heard of that technique so I'll have to check it out. Love that leaf stamp!

Chanda said...

Mary, this is sooooo pretty! I love how it turned out! How smart your husband is to ask you to make a card! My hubby says, "I have to stop and pick up a card for so and so..." and I say, "The heck you will!!!" LOL! Love the card. You did a great job! Your hubby's friend is sure to be amazed! :)

Your friend,
Chanda