Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tooth Fairy Tins




Today I want to share with you a fun little project that I've had on the back burner to try my hand at. Are these not the cutest little tins ever! I saw a tooth fairy tin on someone's blog, but she used a digi stamp for her's and I really liked the idea of using these little favor tins that you can find at most big box craft stores. I got 30 of the tins (these are Wilton's), they come in a plastic container in the wedding section at Michael's, for $19.99, but being a crafty person, I used a 50% off coupon, so I got them for $9.99!! What a deal, huh?!



I used a Stampin' Up stamp called, "Tooth Fairy", their markers, 1 3/4" circle punch and dazzling diamond glitter (click on photo to enlarge it). I used a blender pen to color in the fairy's dress with. Ribbon is from my stash. I attached the circle to the top with sticky tape (red) and on the inside a punched a circle the color of the fairy's dress to hide the bottom of the top circle. I also cut a circle of batting for the inside of the tin for the tooth to sit on. Very easy and simple and oh so quick to make too. I think these would sell really well at craft shows!



It is sooo cold here, the wind is blowing and it is suppose to get down to -3 degrees tonight!


Stay warm and cozy and have a crafty day.........Mary

1 comment:

Chanda said...

Those are really cool! I didn't know Wilton sold those! So cute! TYFS!