Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Desk Calendar 2011

Winter


Spring



Summer

Fall


Oh, I'm so happy to be able to come and visit with all of my blogging buddies! Life has finally slowed down enough so that I can get back into the craft room to play again, YEAH!!

Today I'm going to share with you a desk calendar that I made after reading two different tutorials on the web, one is from Frenchie of Stamping with Frenchie, you can see her video here: http://www.frenchiestamps.com/2010/12/way-it-hold-together-here.html.
The other tutorial you can read here: http://papersmiles.blogspot.com/2008/11/desk-calendar-tutorial.html. One uses an easel to help the calendar stand up and the other one uses ribbon, I made the one with the easel stand.
I used a retired Stampin Up set called, "A Tree for All Seasons" and SU markers to color in the image with, oh, also some Dazzling Diamonds on the Winter scene. The designer paper is some that I've had for along time, so I'm trying to use that up. You can find the free printable calendar on Frenchies' blog. Now for some reason, I had trouble reducing the calendar to 80%, just wouldn't let me (of course, it couldn't possibly be operator error, now could it, lol), so I had to adjust the measurments for my desk calendar, which is just fine. Click on the pictures above to enlarge. One of these days I will learn how to add the text before the picture, so please bear with me as I learn how to do this cool stuff! I'm going to suprise my friend with this, hope she likes it, if not, she can pass it on to one of her friends!!
Hope to be back soon....and as always, take time to play in your craft room.......Mary


1 comment:

Bev Gomez said...

Mary, this is adorable! How cute and handy! :)